Any GM techs?

My heated seats cycle from high to med to low then off. Then starts all over again. Gets kind of hot during the summer time.
I tried replacing the switch but that didn't fix it. So I just unplugged the seat but now I can adjust it if needed.

I am by no means a tech but I have put electric seats in a non electric GM truck. I currently have heated seats in my silverado.

You might could pull the fuse. Could be the bcm but I would def check with a real tech. A few are members here.

One option is to unbolt the seat and take it out so you can everything better, separate and cut and tape off only the wiring to the heated seat button. After this you can plug your wiring back in and have your power adjustments without toasting your buns all summer.

not to sound funny, but are you sure your not accidentally bumping the button? i have bumped it a few times myself because they put that button in a weird spot

Check at performance trucks.net some great techs there. They can point you in the right direction to a fix tonight.

not to sound funny, but are you sure your not accidentally bumping the button? i have bumped it a few times myself because they put that button in a weird spot

I appreciate the thought and help however that is not the problem. I can watch it cycle through each stage. It doesn't do it all the time either. Just random times or I think after a rain?

My heated seats cycle from high to med to low then off. Then starts all over again. Gets kind of hot during the summer time.
I tried replacing the switch but that didn't fix it. So I just unplugged the seat but now I can adjust it if needed.

Im a tech
Never heard of it and dont know what year it is. Ive never replaced a switch. Lots of elements and fewer control modules. Need to know the B-code thats setting if any and it be diagnosed.
If its 07 or newer the heated seat diagnostics is, how do i put this......interestingly asinine. Lots more steps than required in most instances that lead you to replacing good components and not fixing the problem.
Id start, if the passenger side operates fine, by "ohm-ing" the seat elements in the PS and comparing to the DS, if those are fine or close to equal and the DS is acting goofy then most likely you have a controller issue.

And BTW you can unplug just the elements under the seat as well

Back
Top Bottom