Any GM techs?

I appreciate the thought and help however that is not the problem. I can watch it cycle through each stage. It doesn't do it all the time either. Just random times or I think after a rain?

i wonder if the window seal/ weather strip is bad and leaking since it's just after the rain........possibly water getting in and shorting the switch. i dont believe those rubber strips are very expensive. i would try that first.

And for the sake of some technicians sanity

DO NOT CUT ANY WIRES OR TAKE OUT FUSES THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT ELSE IS SHARING THE CIRCUIT

Just unplug the daggum seat elements from the underseat harness

- - - Updated - - -

There should be water in the door when it rains......that why theres a splash shield and drain holes behind the trim panel

Im a tech
Never heard of it and dont know what year it is. Ive never replaced a switch. Lots of elements and fewer control modules. Need to know the B-code thats setting if any and it be diagnosed.
If its 07 or newer the heated seat diagnostics is, how do i put this......interestingly asinine. Lots more steps than required in most instances that lead you to replacing good components and not fixing the problem.
Id start, if the passenger side operates fine, by "ohm-ing" the seat elements in the PS and comparing to the DS, if those are fine or close to equal and the DS is acting goofy then most likely you have a controller issue.

And BTW you can unplug just the elements under the seat as well

Thank you. It's an 06 1500 4 door
I have googled it on the web and found others with the same problem just no real answers

Thank you. It's an 06 1500 4 door
I have googled it on the web and found others with the same problem just no real answers

I'm a die hard GM fan but your problem had the same symptoms as my 07 suburban. It likes to lock itself with the keys in it and sometimes while running. GM admits the problem but don't have a solution. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

No TSB's for this concern.......get it diagnosed or just unplug it. Or if your equipped and able check the stuff I mentioned.

And sniper22.....your bound to have electrical issues and should be happy they are not more common when your running 27+ modules with 3-4 lines of internal networking and over 5-6 million bytes (some billions) of info downloaded into the modules.

The vehicle manufacturer's are giving people what they want......all these accessories.....and then they complain when they don't work flawlessly for 15 years and 200k+ miles. That's why a warranty is good and trained techs are even better.

As to your door locks.....obviously the BCM is getting an input to lock the doors from something at some point in time.......should be as easy (if its consistently doing it) as watching the diagnostic data stream and seeing what is giving the input and watching the electrical circuit/data for the output.

No TSB's for this concern.......get it diagnosed or just unplug it. Or if your equipped and able check the stuff I mentioned.

And sniper22.....your bound to have electrical issues and should be happy they are not more common when your running 27+ modules with 3-4 lines of internal networking and over 5-6 million bytes (some billions) of info downloaded into the modules.

The vehicle manufacturer's are giving people what they want......all these accessories.....and then they complain when they don't work flawlessly for 15 years and 200k+ miles. That's why a warranty is good and trained techs are even better.

As to your door locks.....obviously the BCM is getting an input to lock the doors from something at some point in time.......should be as easy (if its consistently doing it) as watching the diagnostic data stream and seeing what is giving the input and watching the electrical circuit/data for the output.

There is a couple of bulletins/ pi's out there about the door locks doing weird stuff I think . My 07 avalanche's door locks would lock and unlock by themselves. I found through a bulletin or info found online that the 175 amp mega fuse could be arcing causing the weird electrical problems I was having. I removed it cleaned it and torqued it back down ( as well as its holder) and haven't had a problem since.

Unbolt the mega fuse. It will be apparent if it has been arcing

Back
Top Bottom