• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any lawyers on here who can take on Insurance company?

Lawyers go 2 routes. One way is for them to do all the work and take a percentage of the verdict. The other is for you to pay them book rate for all their time and every imaginable and imaginary expense they can come up with, then you get to keep 100% of the verdict.

For example my brother is a retired lawyer in Dallas TX area. He would tell stories like how he would drive the 100 mile roundtrip downtown and back. While there he would perform tasks related to a dozen different clients. Each one of those clients would be each individually billed for the full 100 mile travel time, plus the appropriate amount of the time he spent individually on that individual client while he was downtown.

If you have the bank to prepay the lawyers, start shopping! If you don’t you’ll be shopping for a lawyer who is willing to gamble that he can win your case in order to get paid in a couple years.

Which is why lawyers have the stereotype they do.
It is called ‘chit or chitting’. Its not like he invented the reason to charge his clients for his trip downtown. Each client needed to have his presence downtown as part of the court process.

He just arranged his time to perform all of his duties downtown on the same day. The office he worked at gave him an award for conducting his time efficiently.

Each client had a need, and he had a duty to that client. The office had no duty to discount his time because he arranged his schedule to be efficient.

As I pointed out in my first post that if you pay full pop, for the hourly rate to a lawyer for every imaginable and imaginary expense. This is an example of how they can legitimately charge you for the services they perform. They have no duty to discount their time because it is simultaneous to other actions they would be required to do anyways.

The OP was asking for recommendations for a lawyer. My post gives a little insight as to the sort of things the industry has determined to be acceptable practices.

Back
Top Bottom