• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any left hand hunters here

I'm left handed. My first deer rifle was a ruger #3. However since I was the odd ball I just learned to shoot right handed guns and never looked back.

One big advantage to being left handed when all my cousins were right handed is I would turn my stands to the extreme left so they couldn't easily shoot out of them.
I love that you did that to them, and I bet they didn't even know. LOL One of the guys in the club is also a lefty and I've noticed when we have work days and he volunteers to redo a stand he sets it up in his favor as well.

If you'd be willing to consider a 270, your options would be much better. A heavy 25-06 bullet and a light 270 bullet seem to be very close ballistically.

Looking for a left handed gun? "they are rare and expensive".
Selling a left handed gun? "nobody wants that".
I've learned to adapt to right handed firearms if necessary, but it's always better and safer to have something suited for you. The selection is a lot better these days.

My son is right handed and left eye dominant so he shoots shotguns and rifles left handed.
He shoots a handgun with his right hand ?

I asked him if shooting a right handed semi-auto shotgun from the left shoulder was distracting and he told me he was focusing on the target and never really noticed.

Back
Top Bottom