• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody grown olive trees successfully in NW GA?

calebp

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
231   0
Reaction score
Love to get a couple in the backyard and maybe try my hand at pressing my own oil. Anybody had luck growing them and getting them to produce fruit in the Cherokee County area?

Seems a lot of work to get something they sell at Costco in gallon jugs for cheap. I use a lot of olive oil in cooking.

Seems a lot of work to get something they sell at Costco in gallon jugs for cheap. I use a lot of olive oil in cooking.

Reports are about 80% of the stuff in stores isn't actually olive oil but a blend of other oils. I make a decent amount of homemade chimichurri as is and would like to try and get a small side hustle going and this seems like the most cost effective route for high quality oil at next to nothing after initial investment.

We don't get real olive oil here. Highly controlled by the mafia.

What I have read/heard as well. And in a food item where oil is the primary ingredient, it makes a difference. Always tried to figure out what the difference in the stuff I used to make in Argentina and the stuff I make here and I think a large part is the oil quality.

Back
Top Bottom