• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody here do Window tinting?

rOmiLaYu

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
245   0
Reaction score
What's it cost? I've got a 30 year old project that has no tint in and I'm looking to beat the heat a little bit. Any ideas what I'm looking at?

Ceramic tint is the way to go... I’ve got 5% on the windows on my work truck and 2.5 on the back glass. The sun doesn’t make your arm hot through the stuff.

I can’t remember what it costed, seems like I paid the guy $120. Also can’t remember his name... lol

+1 for ceramic tint. I'm originally from Utah so I don't have anyone specific here but the difference in heat between basic film and ceramic is....night and day. The shops usually have a heat lamp and samples to let you see and feel the difference.

Cost is dependent on how many windows you have. I can't imagine ceramic will be lower than $200 today for 5 windows (front, rear and back).

+1 for ceramic tint. I'm originally from Utah so I don't have anyone specific here but the difference in heat between basic film and ceramic is....night and day. The shops usually have a heat lamp and samples to let you see and feel the difference.

Cost is dependent on how many windows you have. I can't imagine ceramic will be lower than $200 today for 5 windows (front, rear and back).
Your probably spot on with the price, my work truck is single cab and for the strip on windshield, back glass and 2 side windows if I remember right I think it was $120.

Thanks, guys. I didn't even know ceramic tint was a thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm looking at 6 windows, one of them being very large. We'll see. I reached out to a local company to me to get a quote but if somebody on ODT was in the biz, I wanted to throw some money their way.

Back
Top Bottom