Not open for further replies.

VHinch

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Official ODT Feelings Hurter
Staff member
Administrator
79   0
Reaction score
Anyone know what the white plastic strap in the pic is? Its a thin white plastic band and it's up under the fuel tank strap, so my guess it's something that's there for shipping or something prior to the tank being installed maybe? I want to cut it off before it has a chance to get wrapped around the drive shaft, but wanted to make sure it wasn't something important before I did that.

Truck is a 2012 F150

IMG_0874.jpg

Looks like just shipping/pallet strapping. Not sure how it would end up in the final installation like that, though...

that's what I'm thinking. It looks like it just wasn't removed and the tank strap was installed over it and over time it's frayed and worked its way out from under the tank strap.

Anyone know what the white plastic strap in the pic is? Its a thin white plastic band and it's up under the fuel tank strap, so my guess it's something that's there for shipping or something prior to the tank being installed maybe? I want to cut it off before it has a chance to get wrapped around the drive shaft, but wanted to make sure it wasn't something important before I did that.

Truck is a 2012 F150

IMG_0874.jpg
It is not doing any good now. Cut it off.

Truck is a 2012 F150

IMG_0874.jpg

I know of guys who will put those on u-joints to mess with their buddies. Takes 10 seconds to install, causes no real damage and it makes nice thunk, thunk, thunk noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom