Anybody stocking up ahead of Irma?

Well we just bought $75.00 worth of 87 octane. It filled my Windstar,my wife's Kia Soul and three antifreeze jugs. That was about 5:00 and my wife is still packing **** like we're never coming back here. She has to work tomorrow ( at the port of Brunswick) even though Deal just declared a state of emergency for all the counties from Chatham down to the state line at Camden County. So some time very late tomorrow or very early Friday morning we will be headed back up to Perry ( middle GA) for the duration. The store ain't supposed to hit anywhere close to here until late Saturday or early Sunday. But you can't wait around for the last minute to get on the road.

I am totally unprepared for what is coming...I have no extra food, fuel is low and guns are at the bottom of Carters lake..Hope this doesn't hit us..Good luck to all! Oh I do have several bottles of water.
It's cool. We're heading to my special hideout spot in Perry. A/C, WiFi, 60" TV and about 200 DVDs .Oh and an old Monster Energy Drink fridge full of expensive beer I don't like. It's Sierra Nevada Torpeoes. Yeah they're really strong but taste awful. Oh well... I guess it's like the NyQuil Challenge.

So... where you gonna be?
Macon man, where you think? I'm going to the gunshow at the Coliseum on Sat, then working at the club (preparing for the GOA matches) on Sun. Ya'll come up to Perry, go the show, lunch is on me at Finchers. Need a place to stay, hit me up. I thought I was going to have some friends from JAX piling in but I haven't heard from them.

This experience and last year during Matthew has taught me something. I'm buying a short camper next year. Might be a pop up but I'd rather have a regular model around 18' to 20'. Preferably something I can pull with my minivan. I don't plan to vacation in it and stay in campgrounds. But I want a rig that I can hook up to and go when I need to. Lots of hotels/motels don't allow pets. And with my wife and daughter it seems like!e were always gonna have cats and dogs. So I need basically a better quicker plan.

Back
Top Bottom