• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

anyone a pilot? thinking of buying a plane...

zracin

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
Is anyone a pilot on here? Im considering the purchase of a small 2 seater sports plane....likely a piper or cessna 150/152. Ill be using it to fly short distances mostly, and occasionally between FL-GA and GA-SC. It will be me alone 90% of the time, the other 10% of the time will be me+my 90lb gf, so the interior space isnt a factor. Ive done my research, but would like to hear from anyone closer than "some guy who posted on the internet years ago". I know there are other dedicated sites for this, and im reading all I can there...i just like to hear from like minded people however. The typical pilot group arent what most consider to be down to earth and can be a bit pretentious

Last edited:
What are your certifications? How fast are you looking to get there ? And of course the biggest question is your budget?

a sport category aircraft might be the best aircraft for you...

How much total time do you have?

how much Pilot in command time?

Jeff

CFI, commercial multi /single instrument, Adv ground instructor

For the type of trips you described, you probably you should buy a 1/4 or 1/2 ownership of a diamond da20 eclipse. That is if you really want the responsibility of ownership.

or just buy some block time from a local aero club or flight school as the other post mentioned

I got my VFR in twin engine turboprops but I haven't been current for 5 or 6 years. I had a buddy with a plane in Cartersville and that is the definitely the best way to go about having access to a plane. Have a buddy with one.

Rent! Its a whole in the air in which you throw money. Lots of fun but cheaper to rent.
Oh and if your not instrument rated , become instrument rated.
I don't fly anymore but I miss it

Back
Top Bottom