• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone buy a stock from Dupage?

cr107

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Looking at getting a stock for my Garand from Dupage in the future. Are they oversized like the boyds stocks? I purchased one of those a while back and sold it off same day. I love the slim profile of my GI stock, but the mismatched walnut and birch kills me when I see all these beautiful rifles you guys have.

I go back and forth new stock or usgi. Somehow I have gotten lucky and my stocks all look pretty darn nice and are all usgi.
That being said...I did fondle a Winchester special at the cmp.. unbelievable. I also oggled some new stocks on a few rifles at a match last month they are amazing.

I have not ordered one from them in several years, but they were the only ones making true GI contour stocks at the time I got my last one.

It has been a while since I looked into stocks, but there were several USGI contours. The very early very slim. 2 more during WW2, and several around Korea, then the birch.

The Dupage pattern was supposed to be late WW2, IIRC.

Someone may can give better dates on the design changes.

Call them and ask them, they will know what you are talking about as to contour.

I have a Dupage stock on an M1. After about 8 coats of BLO they start to look good. They are not "over sized" like the Boyds. Its a great stock, but if I had an extra GI stock it would be on my M1. Dupage has some GI stocks for $60. You could order 3 sets of GI for the price of a new set.

Back
Top Bottom