Anyone debated Glock vs P365/XL with Red Dot Optic?

sparked1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
206   0
Reaction score
I have a Gen4 and Gen5 (non-MOS) G19 and a P365. I want to get one of them milled and put an RDO on it. I carry the P365, the Glocks are for range/home defense. I'm also thinking about picking up a P365XL with Romeo 0 and just being done with it. I'd hate to go through the trouble and expense of milling and cerakote only to find I don't even like it, which is why I'm considering the P365XL w/Romeo. Plus I really like the ergos of the Sigs.

• Anybody look at these two particular options and how/what did you decide? Is it your carry gun?
  • Is it worth considering anything other than the RMR? Holoson, Deltapoint, etc.?
  • Who does good milling work in the Atlanta area?
  • Who the hell thought front serrations on a Glock was a good idea? You don't mess with perfection. lol
Any feedback appreciated.

My opinion is leave the 365 stock for use as a pocket rocket/deep conceal. Get a 365XL with red dot for CCW and see how you like it. If you like it, mount one on your 19 for home defense. I personally would just use the red dot from the 365xl for the 19. I prefer a CCW, 365xl, with just very visible iron sights.

I'm not a fan of optics on handguns, particularly for carry, as I'm much slower to acquire the target. I would recommend hooking up with someone here who has the setup you're considering and checking it out or purchasing one here knowing that you may resell it later (I think I've purchased and sold every version of the 365 until I settled on the two I have now).

My opinion is leave the 365 stock for use as a pocket rocket/deep conceal. Get a 365XL with red dot for CCW and see how you like it. If you like it, mount one on your 19 for home defense. I personally would just use the red dot from the 365xl for the 19. I prefer a CCW, 365xl, with just very visible iron sights.

This is what I'm leaning toward. A P365XL w/Romeo 0. Saw one at Bullseye in L'ville new for $799 this week. Guys on here are asking about that or more. Saw one for $650 on here late last year so will keep an eye out.

Shoots, feels, and conceals like a dream. Im waiting on mag guts to release their +2 extentions for the magazines. To bring it up to 14+1 I would likely prefer to shoot a 19 with a red dot. But this conceals much nicer for edc.

Attachments

• 20201113_121104.jpg
    20201113_121104.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 22
I have a P365 with slide milled for a Holosun by JagerWerks. It is awesome. Pistol red dots definitely give you an advantage, just as they do on a rifle. The most common issues people have, such as trouble finding the dot, can be solved with practice. You've probably got years or decades in with irons - you have to put in the time with the red dot. It will pay off.

Never been much of a Glock guy myself, but I'm sure a 19 with an optic would be great, too. More of a size question at that point. The 19 is too big for me as a CC piece.

The Sig with red dot doesn't really carry much differently from one without, but you will have to find someone to make you a holster for it. Probably can't pocket carry it, if that's your thing.

I was thinking about having my g19 slide milled to accept one also. Where were you thinking about having it done?

I’ve been looking at Jagerworks and NCengraving but there are quite a few that seem to be doing good work. I don’t know of any local shops.

Back
Top Bottom