• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do AK training?

Most carbine classes that I've seen allow AKs, what kind of AK specific training are you looking for?
Ak 47 basic to tactical training. I know that carbine classes are good to learn about carbine style which includes AK. But if there is an AK course that specifically teach how to operate AK style gun (47 or 74) on the field, that be what I am really aiming for.

Erik Lund runs an AK specific class from time to time.

Sparrow Defense could get you up to speed.

I haven’t run any carbine classes, but I’m familiar enough with the system to teach the basic operation if you aren’t able to find a group class.

I understand that the taliban trains with them. They also have a special course for rocket propelled grenades.

They do have a religious prerequisite and they don’t train locally, but you can find them on the internet.
Its the same for Navy SEAL, and Navy SEAL used AK to train for over a decade.
They do have a military prerequisite and they don’t train locally, but you can find them on the internet too haha.

When I run my Carbine courses, I always take the time to show the AK-gunners the techniques and tricks to run an AK well. One of the beauties of the AK system is that it is very simple to operate......doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to teach it or learn it.

I got my first taste of running an AK in the Marine Corps, when I went through a course teaching us “Warsaw Pact” weapons. That was almost 30 years ago and I’ve run them since.

I also offer private and semi-private training.

Upcoming courses/events being held by Precision Applications, LLC:

February 9-10: Guerrilla Sniper Course
$600
Arena Training Facility (Blakely GA)

March 16: STRESS Course
$300
Aragon GA

April 13-14: Basic Precision Rifle Course (1,000 yards)
$600
Elk River Training Center (Pelham TN)

April 27: Combat Handgun
$200
Aragon GA

May 18/25: Basic Precision Rifle Course (400 yards)
$350
Dallas/Aragon GA

June 8: Combat Carbine
$200
Aragon GA

June 22: Combat Handgun and Lowlight Tactics
$200
Jefferson GA

July 20: Combat Carbine and Lowlight Tactics
$200
Jefferson GA

Semper Fi!