• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone do carpet installation or have recommendations around Buford?

Semper Gumby

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Reaction score
Im looking for someone to give me an estimate for old carpet removal, haul away, and new carpet install; approximately 1100 sqft not including the stairs. I'm getting an estimate from Empire this weekend and would like a couple of other competitive quotes/estimates. It could possibly just be install since I need to screw down some of the squeaky subfloor so I might pull up the existing carpet myself.

Did you ever find anyone on here to help you with this.
Im needing someone to install a room and a hall with click strand bamboo.
I have the floor ready and the material with padding. Just need an installer.

Im looking for someone to give me an estimate for old carpet removal, haul away, and new carpet install; approximately 1100 sqft not including the stairs. I'm getting an estimate from Empire this weekend and would like a couple of other competitive quotes/estimates. It could possibly just be install since I need to screw down some of the squeaky subfloor so I might pull up the existing carpet myself.
I used to work for Empire. Overall, they are a HUGE marketing company and ALL of there work is contracted out by "licensed, bonded and insured" people. Honestly, there a good company. You can get Jo Schmo to do it for cheaper, or Juan Carlos, but this company will back any ****up or mishap. They have the money to.

When they give you an estimate, tell them you wanna speak to a sales manager, and just haggle them down. You'll be surprised how low they can go.

good luck

Thanks. I have gotten two very reasonable estimates. But they are like a month or more out before they can get to it.
I installed carpet and flooring for a number of years long ago. But have a bum knee that just ain't worth the pain now.
Ironic huh? Lol
I'll check them out.

Thanks. I have gotten two very reasonable estimates. But they are like a month or more out before they can get to it.
I installed carpet and flooring for a number of years long ago. But have a bum knee that just ain't worth the pain now.
Ironic huh? Lol
I'll check them out.
Seriously, I left the company with bad taste from corporate....But the "Big guys" in this case do it right. And next day if you push them

I used Lane Winkler who was the recommended installer for Bleckley's up in Dalton, where we bought the carpet and pad.

He and his guys did a real nice job installing.

Not sure if he travels to Buford but it would be worth the call.

Seven oh 6, five o' ate; eighty-two sixty-won.

I also need this my house is nice but I have had it for 9yrs, at the 10yr Mark it's time to change my carpet.

Back
Top Bottom