Attachments

• D3E1E0F2-C59A-4D27-896B-335BCF32161E.jpeg
    D3E1E0F2-C59A-4D27-896B-335BCF32161E.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 16
  • D18802F3-479B-4167-8F5D-21B5EE42183E.jpeg
    D18802F3-479B-4167-8F5D-21B5EE42183E.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 14
:Laughs in MOAB and Trans-America Highway:
There are very few jeeps built to take any minor 4 wheel drive activity. Watch channel 246 ( Motortrend ) on Four wheeling or Trucks. They are all the time making modifications to the Jeep platform. And it's not just for kicks and giggles it's so they can take at least a modicum of abuse when you're actually four wheeling. Front and rear differentials, drive shafted, skid plates and critical suspension parts ( upper and lower A arms, trailing arms ) are serious week points. So after you spend upwards of $20,000 some odd dollars just for the Jeep you need another $10,000 to make it strong enough to actually do any good off-road.

1 90% of all Jeep owners will never engage the four-wheel drive. Those are statistics taken from Chrysler themselves. Most of the time they're bought a status symbols or just for toys. So they're not made to take a whole lot of abuse hence the massive modifications that need to be made in order to make them off-road Worthy to the point where you won't get stuck out in the wilderness. I would trust a Jeep in three to four inches of snow and that's about it. Or a nice smooth Dirt Road in the forest. Other than that it's just a giant hole to soak money into.

As a matter of fact the show four wheeling comes on today at 12:00 on channel 246 and the Dish Network. Or it's the Motor Trend Channel if you have a different network. Try After All Girls Garage. Nothing sexier than seeing a woman work on a motor. And one of them is fine as hell. I'd let her handle my gut wrench anytime!

There are very few jeeps built to take any minor 4 wheel drive activity. Watch channel 246 ( Motortrend ) on Four wheeling or Trucks. They are all the time making modifications to the Jeep platform. And it's not just for kicks and giggles it's so they can take at least a modicum of abuse when you're actually four wheeling. Front and rear differentials, drive shafted, skid plates and critical suspension parts ( upper and lower A arms, trailing arms ) are serious week points. So after you spend upwards of $20,000 some odd dollars just for the Jeep you need another $10,000 to make it strong enough to actually do any good off-road.

1 90% of all Jeep owners will never engage the four-wheel drive. Those are statistics taken from Chrysler themselves. Most of the time they're bought a status symbols or just for toys. So they're not made to take a whole lot of abuse hence the massive modifications that need to be made in order to make them off-road Worthy to the point where you won't get stuck out in the wilderness. I would trust a Jeep in three to four inches of snow and that's about it. Or a nice smooth Dirt Road in the forest. Other than that it's just a giant hole to soak money into.
There are too many folks that take stock Jeeps to place that I mentioned to believe that particular line of BS. Spend a little time watching the Road Chose Me where he did not only the Trans-America, but also circumnavigated the African continent and then Australia.

It’s easy to buy into the hype of places that make their money selling modifications but I’ll trust people with actual, real world experience.

Cheers

There are too many folks that take stock Jeeps to place that I mentioned to believe that particular line of BS. Spend a little time watching the Road Chose Me where he did not only the Trans-America, but also circumnavigated the African continent and then Australia.

It’s easy to buy into the hype of places that make their money selling modifications but I’ll trust people with actual, real world experience.

Cheers
I did say there were some that are made that will handle some abuse. The Rubicon being one. You can do what you will with them but they won't hold for long. I have seen far to many 3 and 4 year old Jeep Wranglers slap wore out and traded in on new ones. The transfer cases and diffys just won't hold for long under hard core use. I didn't sell mods. I sold the Jeeps. I sold Jeeps from 1989 when they were 7,995 new for the model with no carpet, no rear seat, 4 cyl., no power steering up until the base models were 22,000. I have sold Jeeps to guys that take them out and run them hard and 3 years later back in to trade for a new one and there trade felt like a Chevy Chevette beat on with a sledge hammer and the 4WD system shot to hell. Hummers are made for that mess and a Hummer a Jeep does not make.

I did say there were some that are made that will handle some abuse. The Rubicon being one. You can do what you will with them but they won't hold for long. I have seen far to many 3 and 4 year old Jeep Wranglers slap wore out and traded in on new ones. The transfer cases and diffys just won't hold for long under hard core use. I didn't sell mods. I sold the Jeeps. I sold Jeeps from 1989 when they were 7,995 new for the model with no carpet, no rear seat, 4 cyl., no power steering up until the base models were 22,000. I have sold Jeeps to guys that take them out and run them hard and 3 years later back in to trade for a new one and there trade felt like a Chevy Chevette beat on with a sledge hammer and the 4WD system shot to hell. Hummers are made for that mess and a Hummer a Jeep does not make.
Sure thing. 👍🏻👍🏻

Back
Top Bottom