• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone Else Addicted To Jeeps?

Currently only have 2.
CJ7 with 4.2 & a TJ Sport with 4.0.

Both sitting on 33s.
a0e5f4ac82cd9000fc2ea6b321b6ac2c.jpg
55538d3b9bdc84f44e2005c94b9aa602.jpg

Sent from my NE2217 using Tapatalk

Here's my LJ. I'm glad I kept it. It's been a lot of fun. Its nice hopping in it and driving instead of having to fix something before I go anywhere like I had to with my 76 CJ7.

Air conditioning is pretty cool too.

Attachments

• 20220829_105537.jpg
    20220829_105537.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 15
Just tonight I brought home my "new" '92 XJ. It's my first Jeep. I have an '89 Toyota 4Runner I picked up in '99, and been driving that ever since. Blew a head gasket in her a few months back, and decided I needed a backup 'expedition' vehicle, so I started looking. Told my buddy about it, and HE started looking and found mine. You have pretty good negotiating power when it won't run.

Paid $2,000 for it, put $1300 IN PARTS in it so far. I think that when Jeep built the XJ a bunch of guys got around and said "hey, let's build a 4x4. What parts do we have lying around?" GM steering column, Aisin transmission, Chrysler rear diff, Dana 30 front diff. A 4x4 built from spare parts.

Want to work on the engine? You'll need Imperial sized tools. Work on the Body? All metric, plus a smattering of Allen head and Torx, just for good measure. Already put an OME lift on it and my 31 inch tires should arrive tomorrow. Had to lift it for the tires to fit. Want to know what I had to do to fit 31" tires on my 4Runner? Hand the guy at the tire store my keys.

Just tonight I brought home my "new" '92 XJ. It's my first Jeep. I have an '89 Toyota 4Runner I picked up in '99, and been driving that ever since. Blew a head gasket in her a few months back, and decided I needed a backup 'expedition' vehicle, so I started looking. Told my buddy about it, and HE started looking and found mine. You have pretty good negotiating power when it won't run.

Paid $2,000 for it, put $1300 IN PARTS in it so far. I think that when Jeep built the XJ a bunch of guys got around and said "hey, let's build a 4x4. What parts do we have lying around?" GM steering column, Aisin transmission, Chrysler rear diff, Dana 30 front diff. A 4x4 built from spare parts.

Want to work on the engine? You'll need Imperial sized tools. Work on the Body? All metric, plus a smattering of Allen head and Torx, just for good measure. Already put an OME lift on it and my 31 inch tires should arrive tomorrow. Had to lift it for the tires to fit. Want to know what I had to do to fit 31" tires on my 4Runner? Hand the guy at the tire store my keys.
Mitsubishi starter (remember jeep/eagle?) lol the list goes on

Back
Top Bottom