• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone else experience this while shooting suppressed?

No2sc2

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
37   1
Reaction score
The can gets really hot to the touch after 50 rounds... Anyways thats not the problem. I'm having some little grains hitting me in the face. I don't know what it is but it feels like someone grabbed a small amount of sand and threw it at me really hard. It don't hurt but I can definately tell something is getting blown back in my face. I was running the 147gr federal eagle.

Welcome to the wonderful world of blow back. Its unburnt powder, dust, crud, gas, etc. Some suppressors do it worse than other, and host can have an effect as well, as can the ammo. My pistol isnt that bad, but my SBR AR is pretty awful with it. My ACR has none due to the piston system.

The can gets really hot to the touch after 50 rounds... Anyways thats not the problem. I'm having some little grains hitting me in the face. I don't know what it is but it feels like someone grabbed a small amount of sand and threw it at me really hard. It don't hurt but I can definately tell something is getting blown back in my face. I was running the 147gr federal eagle.

What suppressor? What is your host? Just wondering. I have a can on the way and want to eliminate as much blow back as possible. Guess that will be my next post asking for advice.

I ran my TiRant 9 on my Springfield XDM 3.8" compact and Glock 19 RTF2 both with the 147gr Federal subsonic ammo. I experienced it with both host. I didn't get to test it on my walther p99compact because I had a really bad failure to eject on it that I couldn't get the casing out so that didn't get a turn with the TiRant 9.

try some different ammo maybe. Did you wet your suppressor at all?

Is it Fed American Eagle? I've been shooting that in my G19/Isis2 recently and it leaves a ton of crud in the can. Not much blowback, but tons of large particles in the can.

I think you jinxed me. I just went to go shoot mine to see if i got any blowback. I am, its just not hitting me in the face when Im in my normal position. I lowered the gun a little and got splattered in the face with soot. I need to get some fiocchi to try.

I think you jinxed me. I just went to go shoot mine to see if i got any blowback. I am, its just not hitting me in the face when Im in my normal position. I lowered the gun a little and got splattered in the face with soot. I need to get some fiocchi to try.

I heard thats the quietest ammo right now. Let me know if theres any blowback! Oh yeah I hadn't cleaned my gun or can yet, but I am going to do that tonight. I did noticed its very very dirty. So dirty it made its way back to the magazine. I noticed on top of my mag, its very dirty.

Back
Top Bottom