• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone else got an ammo order UPS is screwing with?

Just had 2 cases of ammo delivered today from UPS.. Felt bad for the driver, 45 acp is heavy....
What's bad, these guys on package trucks don't have air on them. My son in law works for them, but his seniority 30 plus years, he drives feeder semi trucks with doubles, but they have air.

This is why I purchase from a local lgs it's not worth the potential aggravation and frustration to me.
Well I sent a quick email to them just inquiring what they predicted would be the outcome and Sam himself emailed me back at 8:30 on a Sunday night so…better service than any LGS I’ve ever been to 🤷🏼‍♂️

Expect issues with UPS over the next few weeks. I unfortunately deal with them daily and have already started rerouting through fedex and usps. They have come to terms on a new contract but they will have an overlap with no contract that’s going to cause a lot of problems is what my UPS rep told me.

The contract is for the full-timers, and not the part timers. The full-timers are going to strike if an agreed on contract for the part timers doesn’t happen. The contract is up July 31st.

If anyone ordering anything has the option to use a shipping alternative to UPS in the coming weeks, I probably would.

The National Master Agreement covers both Full time and Part Time employees

Section 2. Employees Covered Employees covered by this Agreement shall be construed to mean, where already recognized, feeder drivers, package drivers, sorters, loaders, unloaders, porters, office clerical, clerks, customer counter clerks, mechanics, maintenance personnel (building maintenance), car washers

Section 2. Employees Covered Employees covered by this Agreement shall be construed to mean, where already recognized, feeder drivers, package drivers, sorters, loaders, unloaders, porters, office clerical, clerks, customer counter clerks, mechanics, maintenance personnel (building maintenance), car washers

Yep just what my son in law said.

The contract is for the full-timers, and not the part timers. The full-timers are going to strike if an agreed on contract for the part timers doesn’t happen. The contract is up July 31st.

If anyone ordering anything has the option to use a shipping alternative to UPS in the coming weeks, I probably would.
You don’t actually think the part time folks would cross the line do you. They get benefits too.

That’s the contract that is about to expire.

Back
Top Bottom