Anyone else have a problem where if you are not spending money on toys you simply aren't happy.

My son has reaped the benefits of all my toys. He loves vehicles, motorcycles, golf, shooting, hunting, boating, fishing, working out, and he uses my stuff way more than I do. It's kept him out of trouble, so I don't complain one bit. I try and do these things with him, but finding the time and energy to keep up with an 18yo is tough. There's no way he could afford these things so I invest in them for him to enjoy, and I do enjoy buying stuff as well.
This also
3 sons myself
Now ages 28-21

I know a lot of people like that. They're my favorite friends, they spend top dollar on the latest and greatest gizmo, quickly get bored with it then sell it cheap. I love you guys, never stop being yourselves.
Bwaahaaaaa. Cabelas was able to convince men that it was impossible to kill a 200lb deer without having a $1000 charcoal/camo outfit, $500 stand, $12000 4wheeler and a $1500 .300 Win Mag with a $2000 Swarovski scope. Before Cabelas no man had ever killed a deer wearing blue jeans, flannel shirt and shooting a .30-30. It just didn’t happen.

I'm sort of obsessed with getting new toys. I imagine it's what a crackhead is like.. that next "fix", chasing that dragon. There's like a momentary dopamine rush when you get the thing, but then you have to maintain it.

I always thought I wanted a cool RV and a fast mustang and a nice boat, but they wind up being a bunch of **** you have parked with dead batteries you don't have the energy to enjoy.

I've finally become like a "functioning alcoholic" with my obsession in obtaining things. I buy guns and coins that don't really take up a lot of physical space and that I've convinced my wife are investments :D She can figure out that it's bull**** after I'm deep in the ground, lol

Back
Top Bottom