Anyone give advice on electrics / AC - 2002 Tahoe

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
Hi all. 2002 Tahoe. AC problem. I can't switch the air flow direction, (mode door, face, feet, screen etc).

I've fitted a new mode door actuator, then a used control module, still nothing. I'm trying to find a pin out diag to test at the module without any luck, I think I've found one for the actuator.

So... is there another component in the system I'm missing, or has anyone got the experience / skills to help diagnose ?

Thanks for any help in advance.

There are 3 actuaters, air inlet recirculating, mode valve, and temp valve, then you have the doors themselves break sometimes. Could also be the control head...

The blend doors are very problematic. The dealers always have them in stock, that should tell you something.

They can appear to work, but be stripped internally. Also, some of the late models require nearly every electric/electronic component to be "enrolled" onto the computer. Not sure of the start date on that nifty new feature.

The doors themselves seem ok, it was stuck blowing up on the screen. I installed a new actuator and it ended up stuck at the face vents, (good for now).

Got a used control module and gone through the re-calibration process several times without luck. I think I've tracked down the GM electrical test sequence, so out with the meter and start the cursing. Stupid actuator is buried at the bottom of the dash and is a b***h to get at.

Need a tech2 and or scanner and watch the counts as you turn dial hot to cold and modes

The counts will show where problem is vs meter

I bet you have a connector loose (pins)
Wiggle and see if it works

If so pigtail at dealer is 37 bucks

Also you can remove actuator and manual control and see if door is isssue

Is it automatic control head ?

Back
Top Bottom