• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone gotten their XDS back from recall work?

Yikes....feel bad for al the Springer fans....neat looking pistola's, just always thought the XD's had too many damn parts!

I called yesterday on Oct 4th. The fix has not yet made it through safety testing. So, as some fellas have stated, they haven't started yet. The only good news about sending it in early is you will be first out when the fix is ready.

I sent mine in Sept 3, 2013. Ill post when I get it back.

I'm sure they are not only looking for a permanent fix, but also the cheapest one. They also did the recall before they had a fix to cover their ass. If they had not done the recall ASAP, any incident that happened would be on them completely.

None of this is a negative. It's just smart business.

Sent mine August 31st... It's sitting in a pile of useless guns somewhere and I'm a bit bummed about the whole situation with Springfield right now... If I could get a refund or credit through Springfield to buy something else I would probably do it.

Instead I just have to be patient and wait, one part of me wants to sell it when it comes back but I know when it does and I get it in my mitts I won't be able to part with it, just so easy to carry, accurate and the talon grips really mellow out the aggressive grip on it.

What really bothers me is that it's taking this long and the still don't have a fix!

Last edited:
No!!!!! Check the ser.# before you buy

See this is what really bothers me! They have some that are not effected by the recall, if those ones work and have no issues then HOW can they not know how to fix the ones that do have the issue!

Wish they would just send me a non recall... If they have ones that are non recall then it would seem they could put the same parts in the ones that ARE recalled.

Sent mine August 31st... It's sitting in a pile of useless guns somewhere and I'm a bit bummed about the whole situation with Springfield right now... If I could get a refund or credit through Springfield to buy something else I would probably do it.

Instead I just have to be patient and wait, one part of me wants to sell it when it comes back but I know when it does and I get it in my mitts I won't be able to part with it, just so easy to carry, accurate and the talon grips really mellow out the aggressive grip on it.

All I can do it sit and wait...

Well said! There are no options, no credits, no "wait and see what great things we do to your gun," no smoother trigger pull or upgrades to look forward to and no additional mags will come back with your weapon.

All we have and will ever get is time spent with a different carry piece and a big "Whoops! We are very sorry," from Springfield.

And if after you get it back you decide, you know what screw this I'm going to sell it, good luck getting any money out of it... definitely kills the value, buyer: do I want a recalled gun or one that's a non recall.

See this is what really bothers me! They have some that are not effected by the recall...

Not sure if that's really the case, or if some FFLs just haven't sent theirs back.

For a small gun shop, putting thousands of dollars of inventory 'on hold' until Springfield sends replacements might be a real problem. I would bet if you checked the SN of any XDs you see out there for sale, they would still be covered by the recall.

After all, if the fix isn't safety checked, they sure don't want a bunch of new, untested firearms out there.

Back
Top Bottom