• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone had dealings with Lowcountry Camo in Savannah? (Cerakote)

StateLine

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
I've been wanting to get my Glock 32 Cerakoted but I do not want to ship the gun nor do I want to wait for a 2 week turnaround. After a quick Google search I found Steve at Lowcountry Camo in Savannah. He quoted me $160 to do the frame and slide on my Glock, that's with me stripping the gun. He also said that it would be a 2 day turnaround, which sounds pretty good to me. I was just wondering if anyone had any input on this shop or input on the pricing etc. Or if there's anyone else in the greater Savannah area you could recommend for Cerakoting I'd be interested in that as well. Thanks!

Pedro Ortiz of Ortiz Custom Guns and Gun Smithing shop in Savannah at the intersection of White Bluff Road and Montgomery Crossroads does different gun coatings. He stays quite busy though, so his time frame might not be as accommodating as the other shop.

Awesome guy and a hellava handgun shooter. His gun smithing skills are top notch.

I've never heard of the shop you've referenced in the OP, so I can't comment about that.

Thanks. I called and talked to Pedro. First off, they don't do Cerakoting, they do Durakoting. Second, they don't do Durakoting because it takes too much time and he hates to do it and he can't make any money on it. His words. LOL. As for my original post, I not sure its an actual shop. Steve said he had a full time job and only refinished on the side. He has a website with a few pics but I'd like to see or hear some firsthand info. I Anyone else? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom