Anyone have tips/reccomendations on prepping

2   1
Reaction score
We all know everyone preps for their own reasons, and everyone has their own way of prepping. Im starting this thread to help out all preppers but especially the newer preppers like me. What do you do to prep that other people may not think about? What are the little things you believe will make a big difference in the event of shtf or any other thing that could change our way of life? One thing ive noticed is very few people put super glue in their.ghb bobs or preps period. We all know super glue can fix alot of things.
But how many people know it was invented during the war to help with cuts. It seals cuts so they wont get infected, it protects better than bandaids and is cheaper than liquid bandage. In my opinion is something cant be used for more than one thing its not worth carrying. So whats everyones tip?

Make useful things out of trash. If you can do that well and often you are already far ahead of most "preppers". Using your wife's (or other partner's) torn or discarded panty hose as filter material (pack with charcoal to filter water), automotive belts (or a drive belt for a windmill set up), fishing gear (minnow net), etc, is just one example of a seemingly worthless material with numerous uses.
Great tip on the Super Glue! We carry the Gorilla Glue with brush applicator.
As with anything, Keep it Light!

See thats exactly why i made this thread, i wouldve never thought to put that in my bob. And i agree with keeping pack as light as possible while still having things youll need. Lighter means moving faster to get out of certain situations, and quiter to help evade certain types. Good tip fistfulaholla.

I've been wondering this as well. I'd like to get some emergency prep together, even if it's just enough to last a week. I think many of us have probably been in a flood/blizzard before where having the necessities to make it a few days at minimum would be really beneficial. I've been watching videos and reading threads/articles and have seen some great ideas.

Example, one member on here (I forget who) suggested to have some rat traps on hand. They can be used to catch small game. Great idea IMO.

Im kinda iffy on rat traps, if a flood happens and im still home ive already failed. I dont live in a flash flood area and even so id imagine it really difficult to keep your traps, and ive never seen a rat in a blizzard but idk. I do on the other hand keep a couple in my bob for if im in the woods just incase but id much rather use snares. But thats just my opinion. Everyone has their own opinion and plan.

Make useful things out of trash.

Some of the best advice ever... What's one of the easiest things to have on hand and one of the most essential things to survival? Water. Save 2 liter bottles and fill them up. I don't live on a lake or near a stream- once the city water shuts down, we don't have many viable options... but we have lots of bottles of water on hand.

Go practice-that's what I tell people. Knowledge is wisdom , but it needs to be practiced. I'm not saying to cut yourself to try superglue, but how many have actually tried camping out with almost nothing in their packs. About once a year I go out with my buddies who are in a survival based course to check up on my skills and try new things I learned. Adapt and use whatever is available is the way.

I do need practice. Not so much with shelter or water, but with fire and setting snares using just mother nature. Im still in the process of getting my wife onboard. She agrees that we do need to prep and be as ready as possible but she isnt up to gutting animals or things like that just yet. It takes time to teachher as idont want to get her frustraded to the point she wont be interested, just work in progess. Im hoping in a couple weeks ill be able to take her out for some stealth camping so she can learn. I want her prepared.so she can make it if we ever get seperated or if something happens to me.

I continue stocking up, but if i do have to hoof it for some reason i dont want to be dragging thousands of rounds for each weapon. I focus more on evading, but if i did end up in a firefight with a miltia it doesnt take much to suppress them to evade. I plan on having a few mags for my backup, about four for my sidearm, and about half a combat load for my ar once i can afford to buy one, (being broke sucks) my wife will have our ar7 in her bag, her side arm and back up. As well as being fully capable with the ar.The exact amount depends once we test our bobs and see what weight she can handle on distances. Thanks for the tips, hopefully they'll keep comin

Back
Top Bottom