• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone hear the speech last night?

dunkel

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
75   0
Reaction score
I stuck around for probably a whole minute before I couldn't take any more. He was still blaming Bush, talking about all the wasteful stuff he spent money on (like the wars), but how he HAD to spend money on IMPORTANT stuff...like the bailout...yeah, I had to leave the room before destroyed my TV...

It is so strange to agree with you so strongly! LOL! I told my wife we had to change it for the same reason.

I posted a thread yesterday asking if BO is a pathalogical liar and a link to a Washington Post article that asked that same question. It didn't take but a minute into speech to answer that question.

BTW, that pathalogical liar thread got deleted. Can someone tell me if that was against forum rules so I can try to avoid it in the future? I'm just not sure why it was deleted?

Thanks.

Blah, blah, blah it's all the Republican's fault.
Blah, blah, blah it's all the Democrat's fault.

Children could do a better job than this Congress. Apparently it's too hard to just compromise for now and agree to keep working toward a permanent solution later.

And what's the point of a debt ceiling if they're just going to raise it whenever it looks like we're going to go over anyway?!
That's like me maxing out all of my credit cards and then asking to have my limit raised so I can charge more.

Since both parties agree that it was not the American people, but Congress who's irresponsible fiscal policies caused this mess, then the Congressmen should be the ones to bear the heaviest burden of paying all of this money back. Why should someone who worked his butt off and paid his taxes have to be taxed extra when he already paid everything that was asked of him? Why not cut the Congressman's paychecks? I think we can all agree that they get paid a little too much based on their job performance. I know if I didn't get anything done at work because I couldn't agree with my boss one of us would get fired. They sure as hell wouldn't keep paying me all that money for nothing!

The worst part of the whole thing is that they're playing the entire childish charade out on WORLD WIDE TELEVISION!!! Yes! The entire world sees the caliber of moron that we apparently elected to represent us, kicking blame around like it's a friggin hackey sack! I understand that you're not always going to agree, but at least try to keep it professional!

Sorry for the rant. I just can't stand it when I'm expected to perform to a certain level to EARN my paycheck, yet these @$$holes can't stop playing pass-the-buck long enough to balance a checkbook!

Back
Top Bottom