Anyone here in the NW GA area good with lift kits??

BlackRifler42

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
151   0
Reaction score
:(:(So I ordered a 2" spacer leveling kit for my 05 Tacoma and went to install it. It's pretty straight forward and I'm pretty mechanically inclined, or at least I thought I was. Long story short, I rounded off the castle nut on the upper ball joint and can't get the bitch off! If anyone has better knowledge then myself and would like to help I would gladly pay.

Either way I'm probably just gonna pay a shop to get it off for me........:(

image.jpg

Have you put some heat to it?
Penetrating oil?

If I get one that screwed up, I will take a larger nut, put it over the screwed up one and weld them together. Many times the heat from the welder will break them loose.

Im guessing you dont have air tools or a torch.
Hammer and chisel. It's no fun but it will work. Makita with a cut off wheel, don't bother cutting through the nut and the ball joint stud use it to slice the nut parallel to the stud. You'll destroy the ball joint in the process. Then replace all 4 of your ball joints, cheap insurance...

Take it to your local Chevy dealer - and trade it in for a real truck!

Seriously, the heat from a propane torch will do wonders. And there is a special socket that has a kind of cam in it that may work to loosen that sucker up. The cam will grab a bite and you can usually get it off that way. I know craftsman makes one but your local autoparts store may loan or rent one out.

Last edited:
By spacer kit I assume a poly spacer goes between coil spring and spring seat?
If so, why were you removing your steering knuckle?

Back
Top Bottom