• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know anything about Indianapolis?

WallsGa

Wolf Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
342   0
Reaction score
I’m putting in for tickets to the Natty if UGA makes it. Anyone have suggestions on what part of town to stay in or avoid? Transportation to Lucas Oil Stadium? Places to eat? Etc? Looking at an AirBNB instead of hotels so particularly interested in neighborhoods to avoid.

thanks
W

The Irish Pub is great place to eat and about mile and half from stadium. We ate there twice while there for NRA convention! Good food and friendly atmosphere!

St. Elmo's is the place. When it race weekend all the big names are there. Beware of the shrimp cocktail....the sauce is insanely hot with horseradish, will take the top of your head off. Steaks are decent, but $50 each or so. Check an online menu, it has been several years since I ate there.

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Union Station several times. 2 blocks from the stadium. Ruth's Chris Steaks is about 3 blocks from there.

I have stayed at the Omni Severin and the Westin on W Maryland Street. All of them are walking distance from the stadium, but every one of them charge $25 or more a day parking on top of your hotel stay.

Word of caution.. Stay away from the Slippery Noodle.

It was a cornfield with lights when I moved away in '84...

Much has changed since then.

Attachments

• IMG_6473.JPG
    IMG_6473.JPG
    208.4 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom