• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone know where to get a barrel threaded near Braselton?

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a Mosin for a bad weather hunting rifle. Mod plans are to shortened the barrel to 20 inches and thread the end for a muzzle brake. Then drop it into a Boyds stock, knock off the rear sight assembly and use the underlying dove tail for a scout mount.

Only problem is I don't know anywhere that threads these barrels for a decent price. Also, anyone have any suggestion on mods. Only need tight groups up to 100 yards. Might just keep it iron sights. I've read brass stacker has a nice front sight adapter for those that shorten the barrels. Not really interested in going shorter than 20. Doesn't make sense ballistically.

Thinking about picking up a Mosin for a bad weather hunting rifle. Mod plans are to shortened the barrel to 20 inches and thread the end for a muzzle brake. Then drop it into a Boyds stock, knock off the rear sight assembly and use the underlying dove tail for a scout mount.

Only problem is I don't know anywhere that threads these barrels for a decent price. Also, anyone have any suggestion on mods. Only need tight groups up to 100 yards. Might just keep it iron sights. I've read brass stacker has a nice front sight adapter for those that shorten the barrels. Not really interested in going shorter than 20. Doesn't make sense ballistically.

Ft. Daniel in Lawrenceville threaded mine.

I kept my full length barrel on my 91/30 by having the barrel threaded 14x1 and using and adapter to bring it to 5/8x24

i.imgur.com_4BY85pZ.jpg

Nate can at Ft. Daniel or APA - Jared near the Jefferson airport. Not sure of APA still takes on work like this as they are quite busy but Jared has done a few of mine.

Back
Top Bottom