• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone looking for a part time person to help build AR15s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get it is going to take time to start and get it going, but I have the knowledge and passion to make incredible reliable but affordable complete AR15 uppers for as many people as I can!
Good for you on the "knowledge and passion" but be careful how you apply it. There's a lot of single men that ended up married because that's all they had :sad:.

You also might want to talk to an attorney before you hang up a sign and start building rifles for people.

As I understand it, you'll need to hold and maintain a Federal Firearms License and probably an SOT, and comply with all the laws that come along with them, because building and subsequently selling a firearm to another party is a matter the federal government takes great interest in.

The market is saturated and you won't make any money.
stare-debbie-downer.gif

You also might want to talk to an attorney before you hang up a sign and start building rifles for people.

As I understand it, you'll need to hold and maintain a Federal Firearms License and probably an SOT, and comply with all the laws that come along with them, because building and subsequently selling a firearm to another party is a matter the federal government takes great interest in.
uppers aren't rifles. but yeah. agree.

Control for Smilers Control for Smilers is - of course - correct.

An upper is not a firearm.

I would suggest that it the aim is to JUST build uppers, you're not going to be fully in control of whether the upper you build will contribute to a fully functioning rifle if you don't know what the lower is going to be.

If your customers are habitual Poverty Pony (TM) or "cheap 80% lower" purchasers, they might not experience the joys of shooting a BHAR15 based platform.

Oh i know to be careful. Thankfully ill be selling just uppers, which u don't need to send to FFLs. But ill be careful and stay within the law. I know its a saturated market, but I fully believe, once I'm able to make them, people will be interested in what I have planned

I would suggest that it the aim is to JUST build uppers, you're not going to be fully in control of whether the upper you build will contribute to a fully functioning rifle if you don't know what the lower is.
Exactly just fully complete uppers.

I would suggest that it the aim is to JUST build uppers, you're not going to be fully in control of whether the upper you build will contribute to a fully functioning rifle if you don't know what the lower is going to be.

If your customers are habitual Poverty Pony (TM) or "cheap 80% lower" purchasers, they might not experience the joys of shooting a BHAR15 based platform.
I'll do uppers only, but given the base parts are all big name parts, it should be fine with most lowers. Once I start selling them, ill give a lost of suggested lowers to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom