• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone notice that very few pistols are actually selling?

I've seen some drops. Depends on caliber and area. I remember during the Sandy Hook/2nd Term scare of 12-16 9mm was pricey but .40 was dirt cheap and readily available. .40 has been kinda silly at times until recently. Have seen some good deals here and there, and accounting for inflation probably ends up being less than it was a few years ago in some cases.

Some of it depends on what's on the market. The flood of Ethiopian and Italian surplus Carcanos took 6.5 from being regularly available from Prvi at 15-20 a box max to just silly numbers when you can even find ammo. I did pay more for some 7.62x51 last year than I'd have to pay for it right now, but not significantly more. Would say the oddball calibers haven't dropped because production hasn't caught up yet. Everyone was too busy making core calibers the past few years.
Been finding 9mm for .27rd off and on and 762x39 is getting there (.34rd) . I’ll wait on 223/556 to come down to .30 (.35 now on ammoseek). Finding 10mm for .40 - .45 at times. Not paying .60 for 308 Tula lol. I don’t know where some Folks are getting their prices? It’s a wild world.

When it comes to classifieds on pre-owned guns here in out classifieds it's all about 3 things like that insurance commercial.

Number 1. PRICE
Number 2. PRICE
Number 3. PRICE

You figure nobody will ship one so driving more that 10-20 miles is really all someone will drive for a pre-owned gun.
You want top dollar, and not willing to drive past your mailbox. probably going to hold on to it.

Back
Top Bottom