• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone notice that very few pistols are actually selling?

CostaRicaBound

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
63   0
Reaction score
So, I've had my M&P listed here for the last 2 weeks, and have discounted it to ridiculousness. Still no interest (other than newbies, who for many reasons I won't sell to). I did a search for 9mm pistols here, and noticed that just about everyone seems to be getting zero response to their listings. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an absence of buyers for handguns? I go back to CR in a few days, if it's not sold I'll just give it to a friend. But this is just weird. Anyone else notice this dynamic, or am I crazy?

So, I've had my M&P listed here for the last 2 weeks, and have discounted it to ridiculousness. Still no interest (other than newbies, who for many reasons I won't sell to). I did a search for 9mm pistols here, and noticed that just about everyone seems to be getting zero response to their listings. Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed an absence of buyers for handguns? I go back to CR in a few days, if it's not sold I'll just give it to a friend. But this is just weird. Anyone else notice this dynamic, or am I crazy?
I agree with you 100%, i also noticed the guy who was buying a lot is sitting in a federal pin soooooo that could have something to do with it

Insane prices... Some are double over retail without being collector grade or a package deal. Who in his right mind will pay more for a used product when the new one costs much less?
The inclusion of the national classified also has something to with it. Some sellers place values not according to GA market but national listings. Same gun on the GA market may retail say at $350 but same gun may show over $1000 in more restrictive states. Listing for GA market should be posted according to what the market will reasonably bear in GA. My 2 cents.

Back
Top Bottom