Anyone own a Savage with both Accutrigger AND Accustock?

RHelton10

Default rank <4000 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
422   0
Reaction score
I'm about to order a Savage .308 11FCNS http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/11FCNS which has the accutrigger and the accustock and was wondering if anyone else owned a Savage with both features, and if you felt it was worth the hype and $$$. It's very possible that I'll be buying a gun much, much better than I am as a shooter and I'm just torn on if I should spend twice as much as other .308 for that "extra" accuracy that I may, truthfully, never even realize.

Thoughts? :confused:

Okay, I will be helpful. We have had the Savage VS Remington "discussion" before... I think I proved my point w/ the 700 VTR? Btw: did you see the G19 in Carrollton?

I've got the Precision Carbine in 308 with both the accu-trigger and accustock, and like both features. The accu-stock is a vast improvement, very light, and very stiff. The accu-trigger is easily adjusted, just drop a little nail polish on the set screw once you get it where you like it.

If you take the action out of the stock, be careful not to lose the wedge that locks against the recoil lug.

I think you can buy an FN PBR for about the same price as MSRP for the Savage from CDNN. I've got one with a medium contour 24inch barrel. When I was doing the barrel break in with cheap Winchester white box I was getting near MOA groups. Of course mine has an HS Precision stock but I've heard of sub MOA with match ammo, haven't played with mine enough to know, need to pick up a better scope for it. All that said, with advances in manufacturing and ammo accurate cheap rifles for close in work, I.E. inside 300 meters are common anymore, saw a guy at the range the other week with three different .308 hunting rifles, Savage, Remington, and something else all were shooting close to MOA and one was shooting sub MOA at 100 yards.

Back
Top Bottom