• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anyone purchased rifled slugs lately? 12ga

McAngus

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
If so, what brand, where and how much did you pay?

I am trying to see what the best deals are on rifled 12ga slugs. I plan on buying at least a few boxes for a pump 12ga smooth barrel.

-looking for value
-not for hunting
-not for self defense
-for shooting stuff like cement blocks and other fun things

This section of the forum has lots of good deals on firearms and ammo, but I don't recall ever seeing a good deal on slugs. I don't think many people use slugs but I like to shoot them for fun.

I've only brought 1 box of 5 recently just to function test my Mossberg at the range. Also of note I brought them at the range and I remember it being like $1+ per slug.

I've shot some of the Rio low recoil slugs and they were reliable and quite accurate. Cheapest place for them online is ammosupplywarehouse.com with low recoil and standard velocity for $138 per case of 250 before shipping. Locally it's hard to find anything under $1 per round.

I've shot some of the Rio low recoil slugs and they were reliable and quite accurate. Cheapest place for them online is ammosupplywarehouse.com with low recoil and standard velocity for $138 per case of 250 before shipping. Locally it's hard to find anything under $1 per round.

I bought from them before and had good luck. Shot the RIO buckshot a few times so I will give the slugs a try, thanks. A bit over 60¢ a slug is a good deal.

FYI I found some Herters rifled slugs on Cabelas website. Will be around 70¢ shipped. I shot this slug, it was reliable but I can't remember the accuracy.

RIOs and Centurion and NobelSport are all brands I've used in the past with no problems.

Unfortunately everything is around $1/slug right now, there's aren't any good deals on slugs that I've seen.

The best deal seems to be the Remington Sluggers mentioned above.

Hold on to your hat.

Try this:

www.sgammo.com_sites_default_files_AM1232.GIF

For this kind of impact:

You can get 'em here:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/12-ga...pleks-275-inch-monolit-32-1125-oz-slug-am1934

They also have a pretty wicked one to hunt with but I don't know what would be left of the animal:

www.sgammo.com_sites_default_files_AHEX1232.GIF

EDIT: Sorry, you said rifled slugs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom