• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anyone sighting in rifles soon?

Sighted in my AR platform last week, went to sight in my 700 .30-06 with its new leupold the other day walked on the back porch it was so humid that within a few seconds the whole rifle was covered in condensation. Couldn't see out the scope to save my life, going to try again today once the sun gets out and dries up some......if it stops raining....

My main woods gun was sighted in the other day though. Remington 870 20" with fiber optic sights and 1oz slugs. Blew up 5 coke cans at 50 yards with no problems. I think that will do for my thicker woods sections. Only have one spot I hunt with longer shot still only like 200-250, everything else is 50 or under.

I'm down to just a few, but the 45's staying. SBL (guide gun, stainless with laminate) I had it Cerakoted to cut the glare down. I may sell/trade all the others but this is the one thats staying.
View attachment 523830
Had a few before and sold them because I wanted the stainless guide gun, and I was going to cerakote it as well but in like burnt bronze or a dark flat purple color. Yours looks really nice. Still on the hunt for one, those stainless guides (pre-Remington) are getting hard to find!

Had a few before and sold them because I wanted the stainless guide gun, and I was going to cerakote it as well but in like burnt bronze or a dark flat purple color. Yours looks really nice. Still on the hunt for one, those stainless guides (pre-Remington) are getting hard to find!
True, mines a Remlin. I had to put a little TLC into it to get it as smooth as I wanted but I havn't had any trouble out of it. I hand load lead for it so it's had hundreds of rounds fired though it with no issues.

Which is why I'm kicking myself kinda..... But you can't keep them all.
Yea, theres always some you should have held onto. I hate that I sold the rifle that I got my first deer with. A beater Savage 30-06. Wasnt even worth selling but I was going all out, selling all I could to buy my first AR. AR's are nothing but tools to me now, I buy, sell, build, trade like there hunks of aluminum, poly and steel but that old Savage had character and memories.

Sighted mine in a few months ago. Going to johns mtn wma firing range on wednesday to shoot them again just because the season is coming up soon! 35 remington is dead on and so is my savage 11. Getting super excited. Finally got in a huntin club this year loaded with deer.

Sighted mine in a few months ago. Going to johns mtn wma firing range on wednesday to shoot them again just because the season is coming up soon! 35 remington is dead on and so is my savage 11. Getting super excited. Finally got in a huntin club this year loaded with deer.
love a 35 rem, second only to my love for 45-70

Back
Top Bottom