anyone sighting in rifles soon?

image.jpg
Had fun today with the accu trigger.

Just took my oldest daughter (14) to sight in her youth Savage .243. It is God awful pink camo but i was surprised at the quality of the rifle. Really nice gun. After I got it sighted in shooting from a pillow type rest at 100 yards she was keeping it inside the 6" circle on the target with her grouping being around 2". I have a little deer slayer on my hands! can't wait to get her in the woods!

I should probably take my .308 out sometime and make sure it's still zeroed, but lack of anywhere to do so and the fact that I bow hunt most of gun season now keeps me from doing it.

I've got two new ones to dial in. Model 700 LSS in 30-06 with a 4.5-12X50 Buckmaster and a Ruger M77 MKII laminate stainless compact .308 with a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 3-9X50. Bought one of the higher end magnetic laser bore sights that I'm planning to get them on paper with. Might even try out my AR this season with some 75 gr. Hornady BT. I've got two private food plots to hunt on our lease which is right behind my house (600 acres).

I check my scope weekly during season,why waste all that hunting time on self inflected ignorance.sight in at 100 check to see where it hits at 25,you can find a 25 yard range anywhere. Don't trust bore sighting SHOOT IT.

I check my scope weekly during season,why waste all that hunting time on self inflected ignorance.sight in at 100 check to see where it hits at 25,you can find a 25 yard range anywhere. Don't trust bore sighting SHOOT IT.
Yeah people seem to be more concerned about their rifle before the season and not during. My rifles don't take a lot of abuse between January and October sitting in my gun safe. However they get bounced around pretty good in the truck from October to January. I usually will shoot a time or two during the season.

Back
Top Bottom