Anyone tried this gun? Zastava M91

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
I've had a few PSLs and they all sucked as far as accuracy goes. But I'm curious about this new entry into the market.

5d44bf2274f073cd1454b171a4674cafcfd2cc2e338c0123ffbcfa1e058bd109_1.jpg

I wanted an M91 until I shot my friend’s up at the cmp a while back. It felt over-gassed and the accuracy wasn’t what I expected for a $3k weapon. Scope was offset in an awkward way....I would have to buy a different mount that holds the scope over the center of the bore (and buy a better scope too),

I’d get a vepr before i’d buy an m91......just my opinion

D9B2CC83-20A5-4677-8D64-297A3D9407CF.jpeg

I wanted an M91 until I shot my friend’s up at the cmp a while back. It felt over-gassed and the accuracy wasn’t what I expected for a $3k weapon. Scope was offset in an awkward way....I would have to buy a different mount that holds the scope over the center of the bore (and buy a better scope too),

I’d ger a vepr before i’d buy an m91......just my opinion

View attachment 3227821
Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know. Another overpriced piece of junk. ;)

They are set up over gassed to break in the rifle. You adjust the gas down after about 200 rounds. I bought one but have yet to reach 200 rounds. It shoots ok, probably will shoot better when the gas is adjusted. The Serbian military is issued this rifle which will help it's future collectability. It's a DMR and not a sniper so don't expect 1 MOA groups.

I never shot one but I know 54r ammo prices make me want one for plinking steel. I really wish someone would come out with a 54r ar10 base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would have to scale up the entire platform. It would be like a nemo omen at that point. Not sure if a $6K, purpose built rifle would be worth shooting the low cost 54R. Definitely a cool concept though.

I wouldnt be impressed with any combloc sniper or dmr type weapon in terms of accuracy. Maybe if you hand load for them, find a correct mount, gas tuning, trigger work, and a quality scope. There are a lot of videos on the PSLs, Dragonovs, and M76s that were designed to provide a little extra range for infantry platoons (600-800 yards) as they manuevered on the enemy. Like literally thing rifles are accurate enough to keep the enemy scared enough to keep their heads down while infantry manuevered on them.

In all fairness, I imagine the M14 DMR, or whatever we call it, probably performs the same and in a similar function. I was never impressed with the accuracy or the crappy luepold MK4 that came with it.

Back
Top Bottom