Anyone tried this HiPower Clone? Tisas BR9

I've not seen the Hi Power, but I've had a couple of other Tisa products. I'd buy it without hesitating if you want a Hi Power at a decent price.

Wow. They are $540 from Brownells for pity's sake. For $730 you could probably scrounge up a real HP.

One interesting thing from the YM videos, I never realized that FN never made HiPowers in stainless steel. According to him anything not blued or painted was actually hard chromed or nickel.

Wow. They are $540 from Brownells for pity's sake. For $730 you could probably scrounge up a real HP.
The same site had them buy it now at $549. It was fascinating watching that auction, I've been to a lot of actions where people paid way more than an item is worth. I always wonder whats going through their heads at the time!

FWIW, the Tisas clones are pretty fantastic. In some cases, better than the original IMO. Very tight tolerances and excellent workmanship. Really surprising, considering the price. I didn't pick up a BR9, but I would't think twice about picking up another Tisas.

Back
Top Bottom