anyone w/VCDS for VW

Colossus

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Anyone here got a VCDS for 2010 VW golf?

I need to prime my fuel line. Pass due 8(
And just remembered that it's a pain to do it manually.

Last edited:
Maybe we are not clear on what you want to do

I'm assuming you ran a diesel out o fuel and need to prime it ?

Gassers prime themselves right ?

I would strongly advise not to put ATF in a modern TDi. I know that was good advice back in the day, but ATF and diesels have changed.

Old ATF was little more than mineral oil, and old cars did not have the polution control devices new ones do.

Today's ATF has friction modifiers and other metal addtives that could damge the fuel system or DPF / cat. Not to mention the fuel pump. VW has already has had problems with the HPFPs.

I have primed the filter with diesel clean.

I know in the 80's and early 90's ATF was used in diesels to clean the injectors and stuff, just that things have changed for the later model VWs.

I would strongly advise not to put ATF in a modern TDi. I know that was good advice back in the day, but ATF and diesels have changed.

Old ATF was little more than mineral oil, and old cars did not have the polution control devices new ones do.

Today's ATF has friction modifiers and other metal addtives that could damge the fuel system or DPF / cat. Not to mention the fuel pump. VW has already has had problems with the HPFPs.

I have primed the filter with diesel clean.

I know in the 80's and early 90's ATF was used in diesels to clean the injectors and stuff, just that things have changed for the later model VWs.

Yes, Thank you.
pre 2010 engines(Tdi) would prime them self too.

Back
Top Bottom