• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone work on air rifles?

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU I have an old pipe clamp I used to use for spring compression if you want to borrow it. Its cobbled together with some plywood, u-bolts, & duct tape to hold the receiver, but you can modify it to fit if you want to try.

I know nothing about how the Norica receivers come apart, but might could give you some pointers.
A lot of the older pistons use leather "parachute" seals, which many times can be resurrected by soaking in oil; but if apart, I would go ahead and refit with a synthetic seal. I'd also swap out the mainspring. If you can find one that fits, you can lube them with the proper moly grease and spring gel to really smooth out the firing cycle. If Jim Maccari is still in business (Maryland), he probably carries a spring that will, or can be cut, to fit.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

GeauxLSU GeauxLSU I have an old pipe clamp I used to use for spring compression if you want to borrow it. Its cobbled together with some plywood, u-bolts, & duct tape to hold the receiver, but you can modify it to fit if you want to try.
I just may do that! I'm pretty sure this one has a synthetic seal that just needs to be replaced. I suspect the o ring around the breech needs replacing too (though it looks fine). Mind sending me a pic of your contraption? Or posting it here?
Thanks!

I know nothing about how the Norica receivers come apart, but might could give you some pointers.
A lot of the older pistons use leather "parachute" seals, which many times can be resurrected by soaking in oil; but if apart, I would go ahead and refit with a synthetic seal. I'd also swap out the mainspring. If you can find one that fits, you can lube them with the proper moly grease and spring gel to really smooth out the firing cycle. If Jim Maccari is still in business (Maryland), he probably carries a spring that will, or can be cut, to fit.

This. Definitely. :thumb:

I just may do that! I'm pretty sure this one has a synthetic seal that just needs to be replaced. I suspect the o ring around the breech needs replacing too (though it looks fine). Mind sending me a pic of your contraption? Or posting it here?
Thanks!
Its ugly! But when I get back to the house I'll take a pic.

I've got an air rifle I acquired a few years ago form a member who apparently got it from an estate. Cosmetically great shape but... I finally got around to playing with it and it doesn't fire. :grey: It's a springer. A Marksman 0035 (Spanish made, also marketed as Beeman GS700 and as the apparent ultimate manufacturer, a Norica Krono). In any case I don't know jack about them but research says it's the seal and you 'apparently' need a special tool to compress the spring to remove. After that it seems very simple.
Just curious if anyone has done this before and if there's a safe work around.
Thx.

Call me. I fly with firearms all the time. I can help you out on the flying aspect of things if you can get the Air-rifle thing figured out.

Respectfully
Chris 7065803982

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom