• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AO needs to learn customer service, S&W can teach it to them

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
I bought a S&W revolver with an integrated laser from AO 2 months ago. The cylinder release broke after 15 rds and I took it back to them. They had to send it back for service. I don't know why the resident gunsmith couldn't fix it. A spring came loose, it probably would've taken 20 min to fix and left me very happy, but I understand why they had to send it back.

The gun came back and I picked it up on the 3rd. S&W forgot to reinstall the laser when the repair was completed. I couldn't get AO to do anything. They said they would send it back again. AO is a drive for me, I didn't want to make it again. They said it was too late to call S&W, they would contact them monday. It's also an aftermarket laser, they could have let me have one and had S&W replace it. Again, a little proactive customer service would've left me happy. I call wednesday and can't get any help, no one will call me back.

Today I call S&W customer service and tell them the situation. No talk of receipts, serial numbers or anything, just what was it and what's my address. The laser's on the way. It's always a joy when somebody, and the company that pays them, thinks it's their job to make things right.

Those stories are rare, but great to hear. My father in law has dozens of SW revolvers and has them sent in from time to time. He has never had anything but good to say about their services.

Did you say that your father has "DOZENS of S&W revolvers"?!!! I need to get to know your Dad!

Seriously, I have dealt with S&W a couple of times and have been surprised at their level of customer service. I called and asked about a spring, and they sent me one, no charge.

Did you say that your father has "DOZENS of S&W revolvers"?!!! I need to get to know your Dad!

Seriously, I have dealt with S&W a couple of times and have been surprised at their level of customer service. I called and asked about a spring, and they sent me one, no charge.

I called bout my m&p9c spring too cause it broke after 50 rounds but lucky me they were back ordered at SW and everywhere else, took them about 3 months but SW ended up shipping me 3 new ones no charge cause one rep forgot to tell me order number and so I was calling to check status and we could not find it without order number so the new rep told me
To open up a new order for it free of charge and so that's 2, I called 3 months later demanding a spring with an attitude and the néw rep got one sent out couple days later and followed by 2 more package of the orders I played 3 months ago. Lol

AO is just nearly worthless IMO. Have been in twice and never again. Prices on their ammo too high as well. I'll stick with Dawsonville Gun and Cherokee. Both great shops. S&W has always been top of the mart. Glock is also very good and its same day service typically.

The first time I went to AO was when I bought the gun. They had what my wife wanted, on sale, cheaper than classic city quoted me. I've been there twice since, once to drop it off and once to pick it up.

The bad thing is what I saved on the gun I spent on gas going back up there twice.

Back
Top Bottom