• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AOW Registration?

mkdhotrod

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   4
Reaction score
Trying to figure this one out, can you not AOW on your own? or do you have to transfer it to yourself? whats the deal here? Anybody got any info on this? Anyone want to transfer it to myself that has an SOT 2?

Yes you can make your own, but making one is the same cost/process as an SBR/S - $200 tax registered using a form 1

Transferring one already made -$5 tax transfered using a form 4

If you can't find one already made, it's better to just build an SBR/S.

The AOW ruling is weird. Just like a short barrel shotgun. You can get one that has a grip and really short barrel as a AOW but if you build one, its considered as SBS. Pretty much everything you form 1, you must pay $200.

Why not make that an sbr? All you gain by making it an aow is to put a K grip on the front. To have a stock it needs to be an sbr. Definitely worth the extra to put a stock on that.

This whole time I thought you were talking shotgun aow. They're the only ones that really make sense to me. Anything else might as well be an sbr.

The stock is too cumbersome, plus, I just paid 200 for the suppressor stamp, I dont feel like having a two stamp gun unless its a big boy caliber. I I just want to K grip it and AOW it for now. pics to follow

The stock is too cumbersome, plus, I just paid 200 for the suppressor stamp, I dont feel like having a two stamp gun unless its a big boy caliber. I I just want to K grip it and AOW it for now. pics to follow

200 bucks and a 02 well make it an aow for you. 200 bucks and you can make it an sbr....

Back
Top Bottom