AOW Registration?

Some bill hourly. I've heard folks on the internet (obviously the best most true way of hearing things) who got 02's to do it for around $50.

I agree with you though, if its not already available, just make it an SBR yourself.

Some bill hourly. I've heard folks on the internet (obviously the best most true way of hearing things) who got 02's to do it for around $50.

I agree with you though, if its not already available, just make it an SBR yourself.

I know a guy in MO that is an 02 that would probably do it, but then thats a whole nother bunch of transfers, and time and money.

If an 02 logs it in they can form 2 it into an aow and then form 4 it to him for $5. I think that's what he was going for.
This exactly, I don't want to SBR it, I want just the verticle grip. That's only 5 dollars in a transfer fee from a SOT, so does anyone know an SOT that can transfer me my gun as an AOW? that's what Im getting at. I know I can Form 1 it and SBR it.

This exactly, I don't want to SBR it, I want just the verticle grip. That's only 5 dollars in a transfer fee from a SOT, so does anyone know an SOT that can transfer me my gun as an AOW? that's what Im getting at. I know I can Form 1 it and SBR it.

Someone has to MAKE it an AOW first before it can be transfered to you ........ that means you must go to an 02, have them MAKE the AOW, then transfer it to an 03, THEN transfer it to you on a form 4 as an AOW. For all that to happen its going to probably cost you somewhere around 200 dollars for the 02 to do their paperwork, then the 03 has to do paperwork, then you have to do paperwork.

I understand that an AOW transfer is only 5 dollars, but there is more to it than just that. Oh yeah not to mention while all this paperwork is happening You dont get to have your gun.

This is the reason that I got rid of my GSG, I wanted to SBR it but thats 200 bucks and its dedicated to just the GSG. Bought an AR lower, SBR'd it, and now I can do whatever I want to it.

200 dollars to take a screw out, slide a grip on it, and put it on paper?

Plus pay for the time it takes to do the paperwork, they now have to engrave the gun because they are now the manufacturer. There is more to it than just take a screw out, slide a grip on it and put it on paper. Time is money.

You're close here, but you have one extra step listed. If you find an 02 in GA to do it, it doesn't have to go to an 03. The 02 can take the GSG, slap on the K grip, form 2 it, then form 4 it direct to him (as long as the 02 is also in GA).

What BACK is getting at though, is that the 02 is going to want $ for his time, and you will still be out your GSG for 6 months. Most guys charge close to $100 hour for work. .75 hrs for registration paperwork + .5 hrs for transfer work + $50 to engrave + $5 stamp= $180. And you have no gun for 6 months + (figure 3 weeks of form 2 time).

SBR on a form 1 - $200 and you get to keep the gun.

You're close here, but you have one extra step listed. If you find an 02 in GA to do it, it doesn't have to go to an 03. The 02 can take the GSG, slap on the K grip, form 2 it, then form 4 it direct to him (as long as the 02 is also in GA).

What BACK is getting at though, is that the 02 is going to want $ for his time, and you will still be out your GSG for 6 months. Most guys charge close to $100 hour for work. .75 hrs for registration paperwork + .5 hrs for transfer work + $50 to engrave + $5 stamp= $180. And you have no gun for 6 months + (figure 3 weeks of form 2 time).

SBR on a form 1 - $200 and you get to keep the gun.
You're a genius, the only problem is, I HAVE to keep the stock on the gun, vertical grip or not, correct?

Back
Top Bottom