• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AOW Registration?

if its an AOW it CANNOT have a stock. that is an SBR.

If you're talking about form 1'ing an SBR, no you don't have to keep the stock on there. An SBR can go in and out of SBR configuration. Theres a letter floating around that says that.

You're close here, but you have one extra step listed. If you find an 02 in GA to do it, it doesn't have to go to an 03. The 02 can take the GSG, slap on the K grip, form 2 it, then form 4 it direct to him (as long as the 02 is also in GA).

What BACK is getting at though, is that the 02 is going to want $ for his time, and you will still be out your GSG for 6 months. Most guys charge close to $100 hour for work. .75 hrs for registration paperwork + .5 hrs for transfer work + $50 to engrave + $5 stamp= $180. And you have no gun for 6 months + (figure 3 weeks of form 2 time).

SBR on a form 1 - $200 and you get to keep the gun.
I dont know an 02 in Ga, well take that back. Nate at Ft Daniel is an 02 (im pretty sure) and I think that Mark and them at Accurate Ordnance is an 02 as well.

You're a genius, the only problem is, I HAVE to keep the stock on the gun, vertical grip or not, correct?

Who says you have to put a fixed stock on it? The collapsible stocks are the way to go.

if its an AOW it CANNOT have a stock. that is an SBR.

If you're talking about form 1'ing an SBR, no you don't have to keep the stock on there. An SBR can go in and out of SBR configuration. Theres a letter floating around that says that.

Okay, I was originally going to put a side PDW folder on there. along with the K Grip. I guess that's the route Im going.. 2 stamp gun.. expensive little project.

I dont know an 02 in Ga, well take that back. Nate at Ft Daniel is an 02 (im pretty sure) and I think that Mark and them at Accurate Ordnance is an 02 as well.

There are literally tons in GA, some prefer to stay lesser known. Even more are probably unaware they even can do some of this stuff. There are a few on this site, but they rarely post here.

People I know of or have dealt with:

Nate Ft Daniel
Accurate Ordnance
Liberty
TF Firearms in Thomasville
APA (i think they have an 02)
Head down
C3

Back
Top Bottom