• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

APD Purchase New Weapons

OK ......a wasr 10 in 308 .... So much for informed reporting :(

Nice drama with the green tip . Pumping the story up is more important than the facts !

He'd make a good politician ....lol

And .....issue all these beat cops an AR . I don't go to work without my tools ,do you ?

The same APD that was committed to Smiths when they were breaking constantly because of the Smith deal they made under Clinton

In 2000 the Clinton administration reached an agreement with Smith & Wesson, to end federal and state lawsuits, in exchange for marketing and design changes by the company. Some of the items Smith & Wesson agreed to were; to sell guns with locks, to build the locks in the weapons within two years, implement smart gun technology, and take ballistic fingerprints of its guns.[15] Clinton called the deal a "major victory for America's families."[15] The NRA and other gun rights groups heavily criticized the settlement calling Smith & Wesson's actions "a sell-out",[16] with the NRA calling the agreement ""tantamount to back door blackmail".[15] Smith & Wesson's ownership changed in 2001 and the agreement fell apart after George W. Bush came to office and supported lawsuit protection for gun manufactures.[17] However, Smith & Wesson continues to sell guns with internal locks.

What does new AR 15's have to do with some POS coward ambushing a cop and shooting him in the back of the head.
Would the detective still be alive if he had an AR in his hand when shot???

The same APD that was committed to Smiths when they were breaking constantly because of the Smith deal they made under Clinton

In 2000 the Clinton administration reached an agreement with Smith & Wesson, to end federal and state lawsuits, in exchange for marketing and design changes by the company. Some of the items Smith & Wesson agreed to were; to sell guns with locks, to build the locks in the weapons within two years, implement smart gun technology, and take ballistic fingerprints of its guns.[15] Clinton called the deal a "major victory for America's families."[15] The NRA and other gun rights groups heavily criticized the settlement calling Smith & Wesson's actions "a sell-out",[16] with the NRA calling the agreement ""tantamount to back door blackmail".[15] Smith & Wesson's ownership changed in 2001 and the agreement fell apart after George W. Bush came to office and supported lawsuit protection for gun manufactures.[17] However, Smith & Wesson continues to sell guns with internal locks.

I recently traded into a S&W 642 .38 special, I was glad to see that the previous owner had the lock removed from it and had replaced the springs with Wolff springs to give it a smoother trigger pull.

What does new AR 15's have to do with some POS coward ambushing a cop and shooting him in the back of the head.
Would the detective still be alive if he had an AR in his hand when shot???

Nothing & nope. I met Det. Green once when I worked in Fulton County and had to call them to remove a geeked out truck driver from the property. He was very professional and a very nice guy. RIP Det. Green.....

Back
Top Bottom