• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Appleseed at Buford

Poppa Mike Poppa Mike thats a nice rifle right there. That's a lucky lady getting quality time behind that rifle. You both will enjoy it I'm sure. I haven't been to Georgia Gun Club but I do enjoy going to the Appleseed Classes. You won't meet a better group to learn from. Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Poppa Mike Poppa Mike thats a nice rifle right there. That's a lucky lady getting quality time behind that rifle. You both will enjoy it I'm sure. I haven't been to Georgia Gun Club but I do enjoy going to the Appleseed Classes. You won't meet a better group to learn from. Have fun and let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the kind words. She's my only grandchild so yeah I'm guilty of spoiling her a bit. This will be her second 10/22, the first was the cheapest carbine I could find(this was 7 years ago) and I've had to do some work on it to get it to shoot reliably. This new one cost a good bit more and seems to be quite a bit better out of the box. I got both of them out this morning along with a Marlin 795 and made sure they were zeroed and working properly. I put about 100 rounds through each and all three ran great.

Well, day 1 flew by in a flurry of activity! Arrived a little before 9:00 am and after a short safety session went to the range and started shooting. My granddaughter shot her first redcoat target and scored three hits each on all but the 400 yd silhouette. At the end of the day she shot a 198 on her first AQT! Can't hardly wait till tomorrow, I hope she will shoot a 210 or better and get her rifleman patch.
IMG_20160820_0955085_rewind.jpg
IMG_20160820_2009576_rewind.jpg
IMG_20160820_1153058_rewind.jpg

I also want to give a shout out to a great group of guys the appleseed instructors. A very dedicated and knowledgeable cadre of teachers. The Ga Gun Club is a first rate facility too! VERY nice indoor range.

I also want to give a shout out to a great group of guys the appleseed instructors. A very dedicated and knowledgeable cadre of teachers. The Ga Gun Club is a first rate facility too! VERY nice indoor range.

That is an awesome job, congratulations. The difference between 198 and 210 is tiny, so she is certainly capable. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom