AR 50 cent trigger, has anyone tried this.

Yea, I've done a pile of them. It helps with most, some more than others. Some lowers aren't threaded all the way so you may have to finish it.

Make sure no ammo is present and the safety is engaged, turn the screw till you feel the trigger make contact with the safety, then back it out a half turn or so.

Some say they file the safety to allow more adjustment. I don't recommend it. It can have undesirable effects on reliability. (Slam fires, hammer following the bolt home, etc)

I use blue loctite on the set screw and a shorter the grip screw. You can add a couple of washer inside the grip if you don't have a shorter grip screw.

I use a set screw on all my AR builds, even with a milspec trigger it feels very good, had a JP yellow spring and you have a 4.5-5lbs single stage trigger that cost about $15. Now you will need to file/grind the safety, to get full effect. Im not sure why chuckdog says it hurts reliability? Ive built about 2 dozen dozen AR's for neighbor's, friends, family, and myself. Ive never had and issue nor has any Ive built an AR for and Ive put 1000's of rounds through my AR and have beat the hell out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

How would filling on the safety selector cause a slam fire? Or hammer follow?

It wont.

Yea, I've done a pile of them. It helps with most, some more than others. Some lowers aren't threaded all the way so you may have to finish it.

Make sure no ammo is present and the safety is engaged, turn the screw till you feel the trigger make contact with the safety, then back it out a half turn or so.

Some say they file the safety to allow more adjustment. I don't recommend it. It can have undesirable effects on reliability. (Slam fires, hammer following the bolt home, etc)

I use blue loctite on the set screw and a shorter the grip screw. You can add a couple of washer inside the grip if you don't have a shorter grip screw.

This does help a good bit, and the method works, but like he said, don't do the filing. One of the other possible outcomes is the rifle can squeeze off another round, giving you two for one on the trigger pull. According to the ATF, you've now created a Class III weapon. And yes, if you look at BATF regs, even if it fires an additional round by accident, it's now a burst fire.

This does help a good bit, and the method works, but like he said, don't do the filing. One of the other possible outcomes is the rifle can squeeze off another round, giving you two for one on the trigger pull. According to the ATF, you've now created a Class III weapon. And yes, if you look at BATF regs, even if it fires an additional round by accident, it's now a burst fire.

And what does the filing, thats detrimental?

Back
Top Bottom