AR 50 cent trigger, has anyone tried this.

It allows you to go beyond safe limits and for many can effect the operation of the disconnect (hangs) and cause doubles, slam fires under recoil.

Saying it can't happen means that it hasn't happened to you yet. It can happen.

I've experimented with trying to get a good reliable single stage trigger from milspec components. It can be done, but not to suit me.

Beyond a certain point, it ain't worth the risk of unpredictability/unreliability for me.

That's why all my AR's now run two stage triggers.

Last edited:
A slam fire is when the firing pin travels far enough to strike the primer with enough force to ignite it when the bolt is released. Filing on the safety selector to allow more pretravel to be taken out of an AR trigger is not going to cause a slam fire.

Sounds like good advise to me! Back in the day I lived on the edge with my varmint rifles and ended up with a hole in floorboard of my truck and one in the roof of our house. Luck allowed me not to hurt any body. Thanks Everyone!

Sounds like good advise to me! Back in the day I lived on the edge with my varmint rifles and ended up with a hole in floorboard of my truck and one in the roof of our house. Luck allowed me not to hurt any body. Thanks Everyone!

I think alot more AD's are going on today with the popularity of homesmithing and internet how to's. If you dont uderstand why you dont file milspec parts in an AR then let someone that does handle your fire control parts.
I was at a gunshop the other day and asked an employee if he would mind putting his 1911 safety on, since im sure he had a 2# trigger.
Sorry if im on a rant, but myself and family attend the range regularly and would be pissed if myself or them were ingured from negligent discharge.
Old dude, this was not directed at you, im sure you knew what you had and respected, you said you lived on the edge, its the ones that dont know they are that scare me

Back
Top Bottom