• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR Build to benefit an a 3yr old with Leukemia (updated)

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
NO MORE PARTS NEEDED
THANKS ODT

Let's build an AR to raise money for a 3yr old girl with leukemia. I was approached by a friend of mine for some help. He has a son with leukemia and works with family's that have similar straits. A friend of his, that is a cop in Butt's Co, just found out 3 weeks ago that their 3yr old grand daughter has leukemia. In an effort to help them out I would like to propose that we build an AR or two and sell/auction them. To start, lwe have two billet AR lowers. So... who's in? Do you have any parts or $ to donate toward this? What are your thoughts? Any ideas?

The little girl is the granddaughter of a Butts County LEO.

3b4efb995be6c5c64252_c03f075f8191fb4e60e74b907071aee8.r12.cf1.rackcdn.com_618803_1378044405.2107.jpg

This is the Bio for the little girl:

My name is Ashlynn Geringer and I’m a very outgoing, spunky, OCD three year old little girl. I love Minnie Mouse, Dora the Explorer, my blanket that I’ve named “see”, and Chap Stick. On August 30, 2013 I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. (ALL) Around August 26, 2013, it all started with a normal head cold. My mom and older sister Kailynn had the same cold. A few days later my mom noticed I had two sores on the inside of my cheeks that looked like I had bitten myself. My mom kept a close eye on those sores, making sure they would heal. Two days later my daddy came home from work when my mom told him I hadn’t moved off the couch all day and wasn’t eating. My daddy came over to look at me and used a flashlight to see the sores in my mouth and he noticed I had blood blisters all over my tongue. My mom took me to the Emergency Room where they ran blood tests, flu test, strep test, and chest x-rays on me. After a long wait (3 hours) the doctor finally came back into our room to tell my mother the devastating news. There was a possibility that I had leukemia and that they were calling for an ambulance to transport us to Scottish Rite children’s hospital. Once arriving to Scottish Rite they ran more blood tests and it was then confirmed that I had Leukemia. My mom broke down crying. This news was very devastating to her. The oncologist came in to talk to my mom, Nonnie, and papaw about my diagnosis. They sent me to the PICU floor as I was very weak and needed to be stabilized. It was all a very scary experience for me, my parents, Nonnie, and papaw. I was finally moved to the Aflac floor where I would begin my treatments. I had a port surgically placed, a spinal tap, and a bone marrow biopsy on September 3. I began my chemo treatments that day as well. And so my 3 year journey battling this disease began…

You can also donate cash here: http://www.gofundme.com/44uags
img.tapatalk.com_d_13_09_27_maruse8e.jpg

-------- Update --------

List of needs and donations to date:Ok, here's where we stand and what we need.Looks like we are now building 3 complete rifles!

----------------------------------- Lower #1 ------------------------------
  • Builder - skygunsint

• LOWER:
  • ✔ Receiver - (Hasselhoss)
  • ✔ Lower Parts Kit - (Will4me)
  • ✔ Buffer tube - (Crane0861)
  • ✔ Buffer spring - (SuperMario92)
  • ✔ Stock - (Jr58s)
  • ✔ Castle nut/plate - (Crane0861)

• UPPER:
  • ✔ Receiver - (blackrifler42)
  • ✔ FA - (blackrifler42)
  • ✔ Dust Cover - (blackrifler42)
  • ✔ Barrel - (skygunsint)
  • ✔ Barrel nut - (skygunsint)
  • ✔ BCG - (Cwildcat)
  • ✔ Gas block/FSB - (skygunsint)
  • ✔ Gas tube - (skygunsint)
  • ✔ Delta ring - (jamakn)
  • ✔ Handguards / Rail - (Strider12)

• Other
  • ✔ Magazines: (will4me and Romilayu)
----------------------------------- Lower #2 ------------------------------
  • Builder - skygunsint

• LOWER:
  • ✔ Receiver - (Hasselhoss)
  • ✔ Lower Parts Kit - (T-Man)
  • ✔ Buffer tube - (Nitrexman)
  • ✔ Buffer spring- (Nitrexman)
  • Stock
  • ✔ Castle nut/plate- (Nitrexman)

• UPPER:
  • ✔ Receiver - (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ FA- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Dust Cover- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Barrel - (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Barrel nut- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ BCG- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Gas block/FSB- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Gas tube- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Delta ring- (300AAC-hoghunter)
  • ✔ Handguards / Rail- (300AAC-hoghunter)

• Other
  • ✔ Magazines: (will4me and Romilayu)
----------------------------------- Lower #3 ------------------------------
  • Builder - Romilayu

• LOWER:
  • Receiver
  • ✔ Lower Parts Kit - (The Gun Room @ Elite Pawn)
  • ✔ Buffer - (Hayata)
  • Buffer tube -
  • Buffer spring
  • Stock
  • Castle nut/plate

• UPPER:
  • ✔ Receiver - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ FA - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Dust Cover - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Barrel - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Barrel nut - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ BCG - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Gas block/FSB - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Gas tube - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Delta ring - (Pawn Express Lagrange)
  • ✔ Handguards / Rail (- Heyitsshane)

• Other
  • ✔ Magazines: (ZEAKE & Pawn Express Lagrange)

Last edited:
Do a raffle at 5 or 10 bucks a pop. Cap it at a level which doubles the value of the lowers. Put me in for 2 tickets. Both the wife and I have fought the bear (Cancer) We were lucky. We are both cancer free.

Unfortunately I think a raffle is out of the question unless you establish a non profit for it. I could be wrong and hope that I am, but I know I wanted to raffle off a custom 10/22 to raise money for a scholarship at North Georgia College in Dahlonega that was started in honor of a friend of mine and I was unable to do so without a non profit. I do hope you find a good way to raise some money though.

Do a raffle at 5 or 10 bucks a pop. Cap it at a level which doubles the value of the lowers. Put me in for 2 tickets. Both the wife and I have fought the bear (Cancer) We were lucky. We are both cancer free.

Raffle is a good idea! I would be in for a couple of said raffle tickets also if that is the path you decide

Not sure on the legalities of a raffle but that might be worth pursuing.

BlackRifler42, dude you are awesome. I hope something like that ends up coming of this. I'm willing to pitch in but I'm no builder.

Unfortunately I think a raffle is out of the question unless you establish a non profit for it. I could be wrong and hope that I am, but I know I wanted to raffle off a custom 10/22 to raise money for a scholarship at North Georgia College in Dahlonega that was started in honor of a friend of mine and I was unable to do so without a non profit. I do hope you find a good way to raise some money though.

Might be correct. I'm not a lawyer but I'm sure we have 1 or 2 here.

Establishing a nonprofit is not to hard. My grandfather had one when he had a kidney and liver transplant.

But it that doesn't work, collect donations at a meet and greet, and find a funny contest to see who wins the lowers.
The winner would not be based on donations, but by the contest.

Back
Top Bottom