Ar firing pin question

CSA

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
425   0
Reaction score
Me and friend were discussing whether a titanium firing pin in an ar will make any difference. I don't think so except maybe slam fires. He thinks it improves accuracy and is the holy grail. Any insight into this?

A firing pin is most likely not going to create better accuracy. It is just lighter which in theory would speed up lock time. Meaning less disturbance before the round is fired, this is all in theory of course.. In a AR platform it is not going to do this as that is only part of the lock time. I wouldn't use one if it were given to me, but if your buddy wants to spend money on a gimmick who are we to tell him otherwise. It is just another solution looking for a problem IMO.

Well it is titanium damnit! Doesn't it hit the primer harder, therefore giving the "operator" less time to flinch during the firing control system process release sequence?

There is no way the gain in the split millisecond difference that it might create is not fast enough to effect the gain or loss of a operators finch.... I'm pretty confident that not even Chris Kyle would notice.

Yea he was saying less time between trigger pull and primer hit because it was lighter. I told him just get a lighter trigger lol.

How much do they cost?

The reason I ask, is I have an Adams Arms 5.45x39 upper on a NFA polymer lower. The upper came with a Wolf extra strength hammer spring, but when you shoot surplus ammo, you are bound to get a random fail to fire. Shot the gun today and had maybe 3 "clicks" out of 180 rds fired. I wonder if the titanium firing pin would provide a harder "hit" on the primer?

Every round fired after hitting it a second time.

Back
Top Bottom