• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR kit, $260, BYOLower

You still won't know what you're getting with a PSA kit, and they won't tell you either.
True but everyone's heard of PSA in the gun world. If you got a dud and posted on their FB/IG they would quickly take action to protect their name. Probably not true with all these little companies that does not carry such a heavy presence and no one follows.

After building a bunch of PSA kits, I have yet to find one out of spec or missing parts. The freedom line is the budget line; but if you are only punching paper indoors or shooting under 200 yards I doubt you will notice. CDNN also has kits for $299 if you want another choice.
https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-car...gth-quadrail-24426.html?___SID=U#.WjOZn4VFx9A
You haven’t built enough of them then. I have had a couple LPKs missing parts and an out of spec upper. I would probably put PSA stuff in the middle of the spectrum for AR parts. About 95% of the time I have good luck with their AR stuff.

When I dealt with PSA customer service to fix a dud rifle, it took 3 months to take care of. I spent hours and hours on hold. It was AWFUL. They made it right in the end, but it was way more of a pain than it ever should have been.

Generally PSA is ok to do business with, but definitely no longer my first choice. The whole point is that I don’t think it’s worth saving such a small amount on a kit or parts if you have to deal with customer service, esp with an unknown quantity. It can be a challenge with a known quantity, I just gotta wonder where the discount is coming from.

If you think a PSA Freedom build kit it better than anything else out there...you're sorely mistaken.

Those barrels and BCGs are highly suspect and shouldn't be considered anything more than a hobbyist firearm.

Back
Top Bottom