AR upper help needed

Actually I looked for a quality M4 1 x 8 barrel (16"), but Faxon was the only company that had a decent one. It is an M4 configuration and my rails are only 8" so how could I ever put flip up sights on that?
you can still use a railed gas block, this would probably be the easiest solution if your wanting to build your upper. dimpling the bottom of the barrel for the set screw can be done with a basic hand drill. that also being said if your using a free floated upper with 8 inch rails then if you mounted a front sight at the end of the rail it really should be much shorter than a carbine length a2 sight.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...5-m16-picatinny-rail-gas-block-prod29340.aspx

I bought a gas block for the just in case. So, the 8" rail is long enough to add a flip up sight on the front to?

I bought a gas block for the just in case. So, the 8" rail is long enough to add a flip up sight on the front to?

it should be, again it should put your front sight about where a carbine length a2 sight would be so should be fine. im assuming your also using a carbine length gas system? if not you may want to consider going with a longer rail that way none of the gas tube is exposed to damage

That is exactly what I wanted to start out with. Maybe I should do two uppers. YHM said I could still do the 8" rails and a flip up front sight. So, now it's back to finding someone that can dimple the barrel for a gas block and installing that.

Thanks for the link and thanks to everybody else that has given me some input.

That is exactly what I wanted to start out with. Maybe I should do two uppers. YHM said I could still do the 8" rails and a flip up front sight. So, now it's back to finding someone that can dimple the barrel for a gas block and installing that.

Thanks for the link and thanks to everybody else that has given me some input.

if your just needing to put in a gas block you can dimple it yourself, it is extremely easy

I just built a 10, was nervous about dimpling the barrel for adjustable gas block. Found slr dimpling jig. They have an excellent video and it is a cake walk. Your welcome to borrow my jig but I'm in west jawja..... I think the jig was 25$

Back
Top Bottom