• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

AR15 Barrels 16”

cru9

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
69   0
Reaction score
This might start something stupid and a bunch of BS but I am looking for an AR15 barrel in 16” length.

I am not going to be putting thousands and thousands of rounds down the pipe but I still want a good barrel.

I am building an upper tier rifle and I want to keep everything in the same value.

Brands and model names would be great if somebody has some real life experience with one they have.

Brands : Daniel Defense,FN, Criterion,SOLGW, Colt, BCM, TRIARC.... the list goes on and on
What’s more important is you exact needs for the barrel you’ve stated it doesn’t need high round count so maybe we can look past CHF barrels which are typically more expensive. But the better questions are what profile and material do you want it to be?, do you want milspec coatings like phosphate and chrome lining?, do you want midlength gas or would carbine length suffice.

BA is an excellent budget barrel. Don't let the word budget fool you here. They are a steal of a deal with a 1 MOA garauntee with very good ammo. I have a couple and I am not complaining about accuracy. They will do the 1 MOA. I have a barrel that will do sub 1/2 MOA. That is a 650 dollar barrel vs. a couple hundy for BA. You get the point. Like Jet said all those he listed are great manufacturers as well.

BA is an excellent budget barrel. Don't let the word budget fool you here. They are a steal of a deal with a 1 MOA garauntee with very good ammo. I have a couple and I am not complaining about accuracy. They will do the 1 MOA. I have a barrel that will do sub 1/2 MOA. That is a 650 dollar barrel vs. a couple hundy for BA. You get the point. Like Jet said all those he listed are great manufacturers as well.
Second BA if your tryna get into one close or sub 200, I bought one of the Hanson profiles on sale for like 220 it came with a pinned gas block and has the Hanson “enhanced profile” basically it starts thick at the chamber and tapers down to almost lightweight profile at the muzzle, that paired with the mid length gas port makes it great for a do all carbine

Back
Top Bottom